News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Dash air

Started by caninecaravan, August 02, 2005, 05:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caninecaravan

I am having a problem with the dash air in my 1978 440 21 ft. The repair guy can get the compressor and most of the parts, but there are some hoses missing and he can't find them. The people who will custom make say they don't have the time to do it. HELP!! Its to hot to drive in Calif without air.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

KEYSJUNK

Take your hoses to a NAPA Store, they can make the hoses for you.  They stock all of the hose ends needed to make up the hose.

Andy Illes

Take a shortcut.... cut out the middle-man...  :lol:

Any hydraulic shop will make up your hoses.... Yellow Pages.... re-using your  connection ends.  But unless your hoses are obviously cut, split, or leaking... I'd leave 'em alone.... they seemingly last forever.  

You might just need to switch to the new refrigerant ($36 kit, any parts store).  The compressor will NOT run until there is some charge in the system (there is a pressure activated cut-out switch in the system).... so that may be ok too.   Get onna those kits and get some freon in there & see what happens, before you undertake expensive repairs.  

PS  watch how much freon you're filling, and how fast.... go slow.  Mine blew an O-ring from filling too fast, too much.

Good luck.... Andy

caninecaravan

It turns out that I am missing some fittings as well. Anyone know where you can find those without going to a "pick and pull" and hoping to find a 78 dodge engine?
canine caravan ACOC #3552