News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Groan.....aft frame sag guestion

Started by aliendude, January 17, 2005, 08:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliendude

I know there was a post about a super strength add on reciever hitch....
but here's my question.........My Clipper has the "add on storage box"
they did, and though all the welds for that are super, the welds into the
Van frame have been "Accessed"   Somebody cut open the rear frame
van frame and has got in there to weld............. but I was told the guy that had this Cipper towed a 24 ft boat.    Tongue weight alone would
bend it down..........

I replace the wood under my storage box and inspected the add a frame.........  

Is the only way to test it to tow my tow car and see if it rips off?  

It's saggy but it seems sold, well maybe...........I jump on the ball hitch and it shakes the RV......but if I lay under it and try to lift each side off the add a frame it seems to creak on one side  ( toilet. )  

Suggestions..........

Tie it to a tree and see what happens.......go shake my tow car around...
Ideas.......?

Demented D.

aliendude

Forgot to add, not much money at this point for this........
I retire from the Air Force soon, ( my lackluster High Year of Tenure
Yo Pal, You Got the Boot for lack of progression ) and I gotta get out of here, to where my kids live.  

Eh, And they say ELephants have long memories......
When I win the lotto, I'll brush up on my Italian and my old
rater will.......er um, delete, error error.........

No I just wanted to live my my Clipper..........