News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

paint

Started by luni, December 21, 2004, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luni

Where can i get the rattle cans to paint my white and brown stripes on my 76 clipper?  I want krylon paint, but don't know where to find them, please help. Thank you.

bigray

I had a hard time finding the krylon paints as well. I called Krylon and they gave me a list of a distributor in my area. I then called the distributor (they don't sell to the public) and they gave me a list of retailers in my area.

Call 1-800-4KRYLON

I'll give you the codes for the colors that were listed in the "rattle can restoration" post.

The code can be found on the very bottom of the cans!

USNRetired

Hey BigRay?  You still checking online here?  Can you send me a list of the codes?  marjimjo@cox.net  ...

Thanks

Jim
Oceanside, California
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

caninecaravan

The colors are currently available and we have the current numbers to order the white and the brown as well as the orange. I will look for them and post to online.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

jon

I dont know from personal experence but in other forums guys said that the white is available. Its called cool Vanilla. They said dodge brought the color back but changed the name. Its suppose to be a perfect match. But if yours is faded like mine it probly wont match for touch ups.

jon

On mine the stripes are just stickers. not painted. Except on the cab.

John Eversoll

I painted the stripes on myself, It is just the Vanilla color

neeeeeeds to be rubbed out or polished.....  I might try to

paint the cab...   After the rest of the up grades I am doing...

I am ready to fire up the NEW MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!   tomorrow"

nighty night...  John

USNRetired

Quote from: caninecaravan on August 15, 2010, 02:08:04 PM
The colors are currently available and we have the current numbers to order the white and the brown as well as the orange. I will look for them and post to online.

Did you ever find the current numbers for the white, brown & orange paints?  My Clipper is at the paint shop right now having the cab painted, but I plan on doing touchup work on the back section myself after repairing a few minor stress cracks.

Thanks!
Jim in Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714

USNRetired

Quote from: bigray on December 21, 2004, 02:40:45 PM
I had a hard time finding the krylon paints as well. I called Krylon and they gave me a list of a distributor in my area. I then called the distributor (they don't sell to the public) and they gave me a list of retailers in my area.

Call 1-800-4KRYLON

I'll give you the codes for the colors that were listed in the "rattle can restoration" post.

The code can be found on the very bottom of the cans!

Hi Big Ray!
Did you ever get the codes for the Krylon paint?  I am trying to do some "touch up" work on my Clipper.

Thanks,
Jim in Oceanside
ACOC #3714

bigray

Never did. Sorry! I got rid of my Clipper a while back. I just went with colors that were close when I had the Clipper painted

USNRetired

Sorry to hear you sold your Clipper.  I had a friend of a friend paint the cab on mine and he came pretty close matching the paint, good enough for me anyhow.  All I need to do is figure out something for touch-up, etc...  I'll find it!  :-)  Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.
ACOC #3714