News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

leaking air bags

Started by biking, September 08, 2003, 06:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biking

I'm a new owner, my rig has a leaking air bag on the right rear...somewhere in a past "journal" I saw a suggested fix by using "slime" the stuff used by bicycle riders to keep their tires from slow leaks. Can't find that letter. Any confirmation from any of you who have resolved the leak with a squirt of slime or any other suggestions?

handyman

I don't remember the letter your talking about but for me if there leaking and with the weight that were caring on our rigs Id replace it,think of it this way if you carry 60 to 65 pounds in them and one blows out it's almost like a tire going flat that side of the home drops quickly and could put you out of control  

Richard Peterson

When checking for leaks in my unit, I found it was the joint between the top of the airbag and the tubing which runs to the fill valve on the side of the coach.  It wasn't much of a leak but enough to cause bubbling of the soapy water I used to find it.  If you need to replace any of the tubing, you can find it at autoparts stores when you ask for air brake tubing.  I hope your cure turns out as simple!  
Richard Peterson