News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

generator problem

Started by Anniepoo, April 17, 2011, 10:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anniepoo

My new 78 clipper's got the 4KW generator.

Worked great for a couple months. Some time in the past 2 weeks it quit.

symptoms:
Was running, I drove to Winters to the ACOC meetup and plugged into shore power.

Now the generator starts normally, but there's no electical. I tested the system by plugging back into shore power, that works, so the problem must be somewhere on the generator side of the 'plug'.

The 3 breakers underneath the aft captains chair on the right side of the aisle (the 'electronic control center') are normal.

Suggestions for further troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Annie

Hank Jourdin

anniepoo,   See if the genset is putting out 120 volts when it runs, if not check the bursh sets, they might be worn out and need replacing Hank Out!

LARRY RAY

When you unplugged the cord from the receptacle to plug into shore power, you unplugged from the generator. The cord feed the inverter /charger. The box it plugs into is the gen feed box. Hope that helps. If that's not the problem, well were back to square one.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

Anniepoo

Found the problem.

When I added extra batteries, the fellow who was helping me drilled a hole through the floor, and, it turns out, the feed from the generator to the receptacle.

:)