News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Air Dam for Clipper

Started by Horst, August 29, 2002, 08:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

I've seen a few Clippers with air dams.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Do they improve cooling, handling, and mileage?

Where can I get one and how much does one cost?

Finally, how difficult is it to install?

Thanks.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

handyman

Horst my dad made his own I'm not sure how thick the metal is I think 3/16 he took it to a metal shop had it cut to the right width then had it bent at the top and bottom about 2" then scrwed it to the frame under the front end it has about six inch clearence to the ground my step mom says it helped handeling and I guess cooling but I'm not sure she says it worked so it's going back on I'm bringing the clipper home this weekend if youd like a picture of it I'll send it to you  

Den

Jim

If you don't mind and have a minute I'd like a pic of that. bodineus@yahoo.com

Thanks

Larry Lund

Hi Jim.  I was just reading over your message.  I would appreciate it if you could send me a picture of air ducting you have.  Thanks, Larry.  LNJN316@aol.com

handyman

Larry this isen't air ducts this is a air dam it's like a spioler mounted under the front grill

handyman

Horst I havent forgotten you I just havent had time to get over to the storage lot as soon as I do Ill get the measerments for you and where it was mounted

Horst

Thanks Jim - and a few pictures would be great as well.
The only place that I've seen that sells these is JC Whitney. I was hoping to find someone who bought one of these units, although I very intereseted in seeing your "home made" version as well.

I'm told that it does improve handling and cooling - some say it improves mileage as well.
best regards
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

handyman

Horst  I went ove and took the measurments for you it's 96" wide 9" tall 2" lip on top and bottom one going eather direction like a Z shape
its madse out of 1/8 steel and it's held on to the bumper by 10 bolts hope this helps you, my step mom said he got it cut and bent at a metal shop pretty cheap you have to make cut outs for the metal to conform to the bumper shape hope this helps  

handyman

Sorry Horst I ment 69"  

Horst

Thanks Jim!
Think I might check out the ones from JC Whitney afterall - might be a cheaper alternative.
Horst
ACOC  #2961