News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Thermoquad

Started by phjak, March 10, 2009, 03:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phjak

Does any one know a top notch carburetor overhaul place for the Thermoquad?  I used to send mine down to Geraghty's in LA in the 80's and 90's but it appears he is no longer in business. I am also in need of repair of the cruise control on my '76 Clipper.

LARRY RAY

Any reputable mechanic in your area should be able to do this for you. My local mechanic overhauls and repairs carbs all the time. As for me, instead of having to worry about bowl drainage due to drying gaskets when clipper sitting a great deal I went on e-bay, found a good buy on a new edelbrock. Bolted right on and all linkage hooked right up. (if you get the right one). I could not be happier and Clipper runs great.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

JerryT

I got mine from Demon Sizzler at <thermoquads.com> Has worked great from the moment I bolted it on, he knows thermo's inside and out, give him a call.
JerryT

Horst

I too went edelbrock - been very happy - but then I'm smog exempt - so had more flexibility.
Also, I was replacing that thirsty, inefficient 2 barrell Carter - Thermoquads (when tuned right and in good shape) are good
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Quote from: phjak on March 10, 2009, 03:41:33 PM
Does any one know a top notch carburetor overhaul place for the Thermoquad?  I used to send mine down to Geraghty's in LA in the 80's and 90's but it appears he is no longer in business. I am also in need of repair of the cruise control on my '76 Clipper.
Hi there, I have a name of a company that can help you,    Tops Auto supply.  Ask for Ernies phone number he rebuilds carb and is very good at his job.  I have used him on my thermo and Holley.  All you need to do is buy the rebuild kit and give him $$ to do the job. Pull off the carb and bring it to him... Aaaah if you are in the Oc area...  Anaheim to be exact.
But call tops auto and ask for ernie or Preacher as he comicly is known.
John

caninecaravan

I have a buddy George Anderson here in Stockton, Ca. and he was able to rebuild the carborator for me. I was also able to replace the cruise control with an aftermarket unit that works like a champ. Mounts on the panel on the left side of the dash. Easy to reach while driving. Mine came from Monkeys RV in Manteca, California and they installed it as well. Hope that helps.
canine caravan ACOC #3552