News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Rear light wiring harness

Started by campernut, March 10, 2008, 10:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campernut

Power to the rear left brake and left turn has been lost on my Clipper.  Right side is OK.  Where does the wiring begin in the front and does it go inside the coach at some point?
I can run a new wire to the rear along the frame if necessary.

JerryT

Campernut
The wiring can be found behind the drivers door. If you remove the drivers seat and then the paneling strip, you will find the Dodge to Clipper splice (on mine) right there. If I had to guess I would look at #1 turn signal switch or #2 the 4way switch as these pass the juice thru them on it's way to light the lamp. The Clipper wiring is good stuff put in well so I would suspect a mechanical failure (switch) or bad after factory, i.e. previous owner repair work. If you undo the splice and feed it with 12v you can prove that the wiring going back is good as it should light the lamp/s. ALWAYS check the grounds first and ALWAYS check old repairs or as I call it, the last place a human worked on it. I was fixing some water damage under the back window in my side bath and I snapped this pic when I had it open, the wiring seems to come down from the top area. Keep in mind when they built the Clipper they built the inside first, then put the 5 fiberglass panels around it, and then set it down on the Dodge cutaway van. It is safe to say that the wiring is on the outside of the inside between the inside of the outside :o
JerryT

campernut

Thanks.   I will know where to look, at least.