News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

NEW CURTAINS

Started by mccammonds, January 12, 2008, 03:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccammonds

We have a 1975 Clipper.  The wife wants to replace the original curtains all around.  Does anyone have any idea where she might start looking for some????
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

Lonnie

I got mine at a truck stop, They were designed for the inside of trucks to go across the side window, front window, and other side window. They have plastic covered hooks that are suppossed to clip on the seat belt posts, visor pivot, rear view mirror and on around, whats nice about them is they are thick and keep all lights out, and heavy duty. This is what I did. I got several sets

1 set I folded in half and sewed them up ( double thick ) this is perfect for the bunk area ( 1 side and the front ) another set was used to do the other side and the cabin area ( however the side to the cabin was not sewn in half.

Another set was bought and cut in the middle to make two pieces this was perfect for the side window on each side.

In total 3 sets were used.  I didn't do the back window. It has levelor blinds and is tinted.

I bought a box of eye hooks and screwed them in for the curtain hooks. Curtains won't slide I just unhook when I want to let the light in.

Easy to do and should last for years.

pilotdiana

I purchased the tape with the plastic inserts to slide in the curtain railing at Camping World.  If your wife sews then she can make the curtains and sew the tape onto the fabric.