News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Clipper Propane tank

Started by ranger, July 06, 2006, 06:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranger

Hello Fellow Clipper's!

Question.  I have a 1977 rear kitchen/21ft Dodge American Clipper.  The question is about whether or not the stock propane tank is still legal?  I remember years ago we had to change our BBQ propane tank for a different filler valve.  Does this hold true to the Clipper's tank too? :?:

If anyone knows, give me a holler.

Thank you, Tim
Vancouver, WA

tanks that are mounted under and to the frame still ok i checked a few months ago and just had mine filled

ranger

Thank you!

You made my day.

Ranger

bigray

The value you are refering to is a OPD (overfill protection device). As the name implies it prevent the tanks from being overfilled. It only applies to portable tanks like for gas grills. You have no problems in that area. Enjoy!

ranger

Thanks again!

I filled my tank, no leaks!  My 3-way fridge, furnace, hot water heater, and stove, all actually work very good!  I can't believe it.

Only thing I can't figure out is the oven pilot light.  Any ideas?  Also, my Clipper does not have a generator.  Does anyone think I can get away with a 1500 watt Honda?

Let me know you thoughts when you have time.

Thank you, Tim :D

susan-y

Tim, get a flash light,  open the oven door and then kneel, bend or lay ( how flexible are you) and look under the solid shelf on the bottom.  You will see it very easily.  

I open the door, turn on the gas, kneel down, look and light it with the long nosed butane lighter.  Good luck.

phjak

Just in case you are not aware of it, there is also a top burner pilot light which is located between all four burners .  It took me awhile when I first got my clipper to discover why I smelled gas whenever I had the oven pilot light on. This light needs to be manual lit also.