News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Exhaust Manifold Needed

Started by van Groos, July 09, 2002, 01:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

van Groos

Same old story, need right side manifold for Dodge 440, 1977 Clipper. Cracked one for sale cheap    Anyone out there have one from conversion to headers?
Read past tech notes and see source Tom Martini listed and will try there.  Considering headers, but not sure heat implications, fit problems, etc make them worth the trouble.
Member # 3054
or
E-Mail me at: JOHN@AIRLESSUSA.COM
Thanks

EKS

Was looking at auctions and other on line sales. I saw a set for sale on either www.ebay.com, www.tradeexpress.com or www.recycler.com.

van Groos

Thanks for the suggestion, but found out today that Tom Martini's suggestion earlier of Bishop Engine Replacement Parts Inc. Ph. 1-800-231-1104 in Texaas is $125.00 for a NEW manifold.  Can't mess with a used on that might be ready to crack for the difference.  Now all I need is the studs and "Sleeve Bolts" unique to this installation to finish up.  Don't want to reinstall the old ones, they have had to much heat.  Just found out these "Sleeve bolts", or nuts that go over the studs in three places on the right side are available new from Chrysler the part number is 4041150 "Nut-Exh MA154", $5.20 each, that solves that problem.  Now back to the wrenches!

EKS

There is a solution to the header heat problem. Ceramic thermal barrier coatings really make a difference (80% effeciency). You must coat both the inside and the outside. RM Engineering in Milwaukee, OR (503) 659-4278 are the leaders in ceramic thermal coatings.

Martin2

Are you talking about the metal shrouds that are between the exhaust manifold and the doghouse?  I recall reading a post where a  gentleman coated those two metal shrouds with some sort of ceramic coating and apparently this helped keep the heat from the exhaust manifolds down.  I think he painted it on in several layers up to 1/4 inch thick. Is this what you are referring to? If so, have you used this product from RM Engneering?  I would like to try something to help reduce the heat and keep from cooking my right foot.  

Thank for the help, Tom