News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

TIRE QUESTIONAIRE

Started by LARRY RAY, March 21, 2006, 01:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARRY RAY

Hello Everyone. I am asking for your input on tires. After phone call after phone call, everyone has the best tire for the money. So I decided to get your imput. I've compared Khumo, Kelly Springfield, Cooper, and Hankook tires. For the  money they all seem comparable, so give your opinion and I'll go from there.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

susan-y

Les Schwab Trail Cat LT.  'Course I run Les Schwab on all my vehicles..

junebob

I have had reasonably good luck with Les Scwab tires. A good deal of which I credit to their service departments.I have never been to thrilled about their near 100% import tire program. I am starting to think along the line of top quality AMERICAN TIRES, such as Good Year or Goodrich.I have been hearing some good things about some Kelleys also. The important thing about any of them is to make sure they are reasonably FRESHLY MANUFACTURED. I don't know where or how for sure to find that information out. I just got lucky and ask the right person at the right time on my last couple of tire purchases. Incidently  8) Take a look at the Sears tire centers program. they have a decent selection of brands, mostly american, competitive prices and service. AND TO ME!!!  :D Most importantly of all . SEARS is one of the few companies that are honoring our young G.I. S Military displacement over seas. By Guaranteeing their jobs will be waiting for them when they come home, as well as guaranteeing there  job senority, and on top of that paying THEIR TOTAL Medical coverage costs. Not just half of it as is standard. :roll: THAT KIND OF LOYALTY IS WELL WORTH CONSIDERING SUPPORTING!! BEST Bob Chaney

Shayne

If you have the 16.5 inch wheels, it will limit your selection somewhat.  Whatever you get, you'll do yourself well to make sure they have an "E" load rating.  This is 80psi.  You'll get slightly better mileage, and have less to worry about when it comes to blow outs a thousand miles from him.

I would recommend the BF Goodrich Commercial TA.  Good tire without the premium price tag of Michelins and some Goodyears.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146