News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Fresh water leak under bathtub

Started by jimmaryn, November 04, 2005, 11:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmaryn

Help!

1978 rear bath bunkhouse model.  Water leak under bathtub coming from water system-NOT FROM TUB DRAIN OR TOILET-  How to access.  Removed power panel under fridge and checked Tees up to tub fawcetts handles-no leak-  It is under front edge of tube as line heads for toilet and over to kitchen side.  Has anyone removed flat plastic panel on side of tub-not obvious to me how to do it!  Really don't want to remove tub unless someone else has done it!

Jim Nestlerode #159

susan-y

I'm watching this.  No answer for you but I am curious about pulling out the shower and bathroom sink.  I am slightly claustrophobic and really would rather have a little bigger shower. :? , brush my teeth in the kitchen :shock:

Andy Illes

Hiyya Susan.  Check out www.all-rite.com which has a variety of tubs and showers in all sizes and shapes. Removing the sink is just the screws you see.  Dunno about the shower, looks like you'd have to pry out the mouldings.  I'm 6'2" and wouldn't mind a little extra elbow room either, but I'm leaving mine as is.  Good luck... :)

Horst

Careful Susan!
I looked into this as well years ago (removing shower to get a "bigger" one) - and after several hours of measuring, planning - decided against it - LOTS of work/retrofitting, etc.

However,  I'm now actually considering ditching the shower and the closet, and using the space for bunkbeds - still in planning phase.
Our trips are shorter now - kids are bigger - need bunk beds - don't use Clipper shower hardly at all anymore.
Probably really hurt my resale value - but if I do it nice - might help it?
The one thing I dislike when on a Clipper outing is having to make the couch bed and dinette bed every night - bunk beds where the shower and closet currently are is just the ticket I'm thinking.

If I dive into this project - I'll let you all know - complete with pics, etc.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.