News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

frig

Started by lisa bergman, July 05, 2002, 07:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisa bergman

we have been gone now over a week and all of a sudden my frig isn't working.  I am pretty level, checked fuse, took it off electric and onto gas, still isn't cooling.    any ideas?

Richard Peterson

Are you sure the gas burner is on?  You can see it from the inspection hole in the rear.  If the burner is on, you'll feel the warmth on the area above the burner.  As for the electric, you can check the heating elements with an ohm meter for continuity and also measure the applied voltage to see if you are getting power.
Richard Peterson

lisa bergman

Thanks, I think it is finally starting to cool on gas.  I can see the flame in the little viewing window.   It's really hot here (Minnesota), so maybe that is part of it?  although the AC is running. I'll have to have the electric part checked when we get home.  Which wont be for another 3 weeks.  thanks again  

Shayne

When the outside temperature climbs, it will be more difficult for your fridge to keep cool.  I mounted a small fan inside the side access door to blow air up over the coils.  More airflow will make the coils cool a little better. I plug in the fan to the AC outlet that's right there.  The fan only works when pluged into shore power, but otherwise, it would drain the house battery anyway.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146