News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Drove a "newer" Class A today.......

Started by Horst, January 24, 2005, 07:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

It was a 92 Fleetwood Flair ( I think) - basically a 24 foot big box Class A, with a fuel injected Ford 460.

Talk about dash rattles, spongy suspension, top-heavy swaying, etc.
And that Ford sure can howl - and it really complains once you start going over 60 - I kept it at 55mph though - and didn't feel right even at that speed!

Made me appreciate my Clipper even more!
I sometimes forget just how well they were made...............
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

bigray

I understand completely Horst. I rented a brand new 31 Gulfstream and drove it to the Grand Canyon a couple of years back. It rattled alot but I thought all RV's were like that.

Then I test drove my Clipper and said that it drove just as good (actually better. With bias ply tires too) as the Gulfstream. That's one of the reasons I bought it. The other reason was when I got on the forum and saw all the support and exicitement of other owners.

So yeah, appreciate the Clipper!