News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Dash instruments

Started by AndyIlles, January 04, 2005, 08:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyIlles

Hi all.

My fuel, water temp and oil pressure guages went dead this morning ... they pegged.  Anybody know which wire to the round connector plug to the instrument panel feeds 'em hot?  There's no fuse on the panel for those.   Posting this in Tips & Tricks too.

Thanx, Andy

Cookiecruncher

You might want to look and see if the volt regulator on that panel is any good.

Look on the panel and you will see a silver 3 prong [      ]    looking pluged in   there this could be your problem old Dodge's had them

AndyIlles

Thanks Paul.  I don't remember seeing onna those, but I'll look again.

aliendude

The instrument regulators I scrounged at the junk yards for cars I used to have, were about the size of a TIC-TAC box plastic bottom, and 1/2 deep.  Attached onto the back of the instument cluster.  
Silverish Brown lid.

Andy Illes

Paul and Dave....

Thanks guys, that was exactly it!!  The used panel I got in Daytona had onna those regulators on it and I switched them out this evening.  Guages work fine now.

BTW... just outta curiosity -- mine has a little bracket screwed to one of the ampmeter terminals with a little box thing with one terminal attached to the end of the bracket, with a lead going to a relay.  Looks added on.  Any idea what that is?

Thanx again for good advice...  :D