News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

24 foot Clippers - floorplans??

Started by Horst, March 19, 2002, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

On this page on our web site
http://www.americanclipper.com/brochures/1980-1.htm

You'll notice that this 24 footer appears to have bunk beds in the rear.
I know that was a potential option for the rare 24 footers.

Has anyone ever seen a 24 footer with rear bunks beds?

Does anyone want to sell one!?

Thanks
Horst
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Dennis Riordan

Horst,

I clicked on the URL you provided.  I'm not sure why you state, "this 24 footer appears to have bunk beds in the rear."

The picture of the 24 footer on the web site appears to be exactly the same as the 24 foot Clipper I own.  I keep my 24' unit in Flower Mound, Texas where I have my main residence.  My 24' unit has the same layout as is shown on page three of the brochure that was scanned and is shown on American Clipper Web Site.  

To clarify:

After entering my coach I take one small step straight ahead.  Then, if I take a 90 degree left turn, I pass a closet on my left (again, I am walking towards the rear of the coach), then the refrigerator on my left and then I enter the "Master Bedroom Suite." There is a sliding wooden door that separates the Refrigerator\ sink\stove area from the master bedroom.

The master bedroom includes a full size bed and a bathroom that is enclosed with an accordian type door.

I have never seen a 24 foot Clipper with Bunk Beds but I don't see why this couldn't be done.  

I also own a 20 1\2 foot Bunkhouse model Clipper which I purchased in 1979 when our children (both girls) were 5 and 15. They liked the bunk beds.

It seems to me that I recall you have young children.  I think your idea of putting bunkbeds in the rear area makes some sense.    

I am currently in Santa Clara, California where I also have a home as well as a business.  I store my 21' unit behind my business.  While I am in town this week, I'll take some fairly exact measurements of the bunkbed area of my 21' unit.  Then, when I return to Texas, I'll take another careful look at the 24' unit.  I'll let you know if I see any mathematical (i.e. measurement) reason why you couldn't take out the full size bed and put in bunk beds.  

I don't see why you couldn't have a larger (i.e. somewhat wider than a standard bunkbed) bed on the bottom and a standard-width bunk bed on top.

Incidentally, neither of my units are for sale.  

Best regards,

Dennis Riordan

Shayne

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Riordan:
I clicked on the URL you provided.  I'm not sure why you state, "this 24 footer appears to have bunk beds in the rear."

I would guess the same thing based on the two slim windows stacked in the rear. As far as I know, that has only been done on bunk models so that each bed has a window/ventalation.

We love our Clipper, but with two kids, a 24' Bunk Model would be PERFECT. But being they are so rare, it's not like you can just go find one.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Horst

Dennis, does your unit have the two "bunkhouse" style windows in the back, on the passengers side?

If we ever find a 24ft bunkhouse, what are we going to do Shayne, flip a coin?

Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Mark Smith

I know that there are several 24 ft. bunkhouse models, but they have been resold and I don't know who owns them now. The beds are built-in, stacked one above the other in the rear, curbside corner of the vehicle. Each bed has a narrow window next to it like that used on the front bunks. That is how you can tell a bunkhouse clipper from the outside.
Mark #1077

Horst

If anyone ever hears of  a 24ft. bunkhouse Clipper that is for sale, let me know asap.
If I buy it, I'll pay a  $200 finder's fee to the tipster.
Horst
ACOC  #2961

Shayne

Oh yeah?  well I'll pay a $225 finders fee.    

Being that we both live in generally the same area, maybe we ought to race for it?  First one there gets it  
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Horst

Raise ya to $250........grrrr...............

Horst
ACOC  #2961

junebob

I bid a conditional $500.00 Try that on for size.    Bob #2626

Horst

I'll go to $600 for a finders fee for a 24ft Clipper with rear bunks that I buy.....................

Horst
ACOC  #2961

handyman

At the rate you guys are going I wonder how much it would cost to build one ?