News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

TV antenna location

Started by amclipper, May 20, 2002, 05:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amclipper

A quick question, anyone using a Wineguard "Batwing" television antenna? Where is it mounted on the roof of your Clipper
(general area not exact location)?  Had another tv antenna mounted but it was trimmed by a tree and the existing location
(mounting hole) is not usable for use with the Batwing.  Before anyone suggests using a DSS system, have that, but due to
quickly changing weather conditions in the area, we need to be able to get local tv broadcasts to see the location of and
direction of travel of storms.  Thank  Ed.

RYBKA

HI,

Yep, I have a crank up bat wing antenna on my Clipper.  It is mounted in between the frig vent and the roof air conditioner, and folds down length wise from front to rear.

The mount on the inside appears to be about 6 inches from the roof cabinets when they are open on the passinger side, and about 8 inches from the frig.

vty, RYBKA

handyman

I also have a bat wing but mine is located on the left side just forward of the clothes closet and between the upper cabnets and the air cond but I'm removing mine and going to a pop up in a tube I had one on my other rig and it worked great hope this helps