News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

A/C system

Started by swaynemw, September 15, 2004, 10:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swaynemw

After market A/C system???  Has anyone replaced the stock dodge 440 A/C system?  I would like to go with an up to date compresser.  Second question, Doug Thorley headers part # for a 76' 440 dodge.

Thanks all.

aliendude

Another good source of info is www.allpar.com/forums, somebody there may know.  

Have you looked at Year-One.   http://www.yearone.com/

I also see adds in Mopar Magazine for modern compressor conversions.

Of course then you have to find someone you trust to work on your
clipper - to evacuate the system before you charge it w/ refirigerant.
I follow the X-files saying "Trust no one."  

You can look up headers in the Summit Auto Racing catalog.  

But good luck finding any 440 headers that wil fit into a Van/RV.  
That space is pretty tight on the left side of a 360LA.   So I bet a 440
headers will be a really tight fit width wise.    Probably have to take out the motor
mount bolts and lift the engine some - even to get the headers in.

Plante

I installed Thorley headers on my '78 440.  I had to jack the motor up and remove the starter - however, once installed they take up less room than the original manifolds.  But - to save later headaches - install the truck plug wires with the ceramic ends.