News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

tank levels panel

Started by Annie Regan, May 01, 2002, 07:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie Regan

The panel board indicating the levels of my black, grey and water tanks always shows E.  I have cleaned the sensors in the black tank as recommended in tech bulletins, to no avail.  Do I need new panel and where can I get same?

junebob

TANK INDICATORS- Fresh water tank, Put a quarter cup of baking soda in solution in your water tank,fill tank approx 1/2 full with fresh water.See if you get a reading.If not apply 12 volts to wires ,[Use Battery charger on 2 amp setting].If that does not produce a reading you have a bad connection or defective probe.Gray and black tanks.- Use same 12 volt method ,fill the tanks with water ,you should get a red light indicating full tanks.The readings on the gray and black water show only only full, not how much. Good luck Bob Chaney #2626

amclipper

clipperskipper, since you are reporting that all of your tanks are having level problems, I would suggest that you check the common wire from each tank to the display unit (they may all be connected together before the display unit.)  The common wire will be the lowest wire/probe on each tank. I would check the wiring bundle from the display unit to the floor first - for a broken wire.  Hope this helps.
Ed