News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

where to buy generator

Started by Dan, July 01, 2003, 10:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I'm looking for a new generator for my 76 rear kitchen clipper. I will need something to run the air, microwave and all the other goodies. I want something quiet and reliable. The Onan sounds like the one. are there any other ones that will fill my needs? Where can I buy it and get it installed? I live in Hayward Calif. We are leaving for Montana the last week of July, has anyone done that trip before?

EKS

Where in Montana are you headed and what kinds of things are on your agenda? We live near Glacier Park. We are on our 2nd Clipper and have had no problems. Keep in mind the difference in altitude (depending upon your destination). Not as high as parts of Colorado but higher than California.

Dan

We are going to Kalispell to stay with some friends.  We will be stopping in Eureka to visit family, then to Oregan, Washington and then Montana.  Are you familiar with this route?  Will we hit many mountains on the way?  This will be our first big trip in the Clipper, nice to hear you've had no problems.  Do you have a generator?  Any advice on which one to get?
       Dan
       acoc # 3399

Plante

Dan - If you can skip over Idaho and go directly from Washington to Montana you will miss a lot of mountain driving - however - I don't think thats possible so be prepared for lots of up and down driving(very beautiful also).  Unless you take the coast highway, Northern California and Southern Oregon have some long climbs also.

LarryAlida

Dan. Someplace in the archives Shayne has a real nice install instructions for an onan micro generator. He has where he bought it and what it cost at that time. I cannot find the info.If someone can find it .It would help alot of us. Larry.

Charlie

You might want to consider a Generac generator. Go to http://www.norwall.com/, click on Monthly Specials and go about half way down the page. They sell a Generac Quietpac 40G, Model 04700, 3600 watt generator for only $1,279 with free shipping. It comes with a maintenance kit, remote start panel and tailpipe kit. I bought one about three months ago, installed it and it works great. In my opinion it is just as quiet as the Onan MicroQuiet.