News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Stock A/C

Started by FREE BIRD, June 21, 2003, 01:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FREE BIRD

I recently had my air conditioner serviced. the one from the engine that cools the cab. They recharged it and we thought it felt good and cold. Howerver we went up to Lake Don Pedro last week, and it was cold just until the engine got to normal temp. then it stopped working or the the heat of the engine was heating the air or something. anyone have a this problem.

junebob

Freebird -Air conditioning.-
I suggest you check to see if your heater hot water valve closes completely when you slide the lever to the cool
side.If it does not close tightby the control on the dash. Try closing it by hand and readjusting your cable to the tighter position.This is covered in the chassis manuals available from Chryslerat least up to 1979.This continuos hot water running through the heater core nullifies the cooling.  

Plante

JuneBob is absolutely correct.  I had to replace my heater/AC control unit in the dash a while back and had the same problem.  Adjusting the cable at the control unit and/or at the other end under the hood should fix the problem.