News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

oil pump housing

Started by FREE BIRD, January 31, 2003, 12:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FREE BIRD

I took my rig into the RV service center to give it some pampering. one of the things I wanted fixed was an oil leak. they said they normally don't do engine repairs just oil changes and things like that. However they would report to me where the oil was comeing from. the oil pump housing is the source of the leak. can anyone tell me where on the engine this is located? I think I can fix it my self. Also does anyone no where in the San Jose CA. area is a good place to take these rigs for engine repairs. Thanks and have a great day. FREE BIRD.

Richard Peterson

If you have a 440, the oil pump is on the front left side of the engine, behind the power steering pump sort of.  When you remove the oil pump, you'll find an o-ring inside which is the seal you need to replace.  Go to a Dodge dealer for a kit.  The kit I bought also had a gasket for the housing but when I tried to use it, the pump would not work right.  The o-ring seems to be the only thing that keeps the pump from leaking.  When you replace the pump, pack the rotor with grease or you will loose the prime and the oil pressure will not come up.  The bolts holding the oil pump on are not all the same size so keep track of them.    
Richard Peterson