News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Gear shift indicator light

Started by LarryAlida, December 02, 2002, 10:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryAlida

1977 Clipper w/Dodge chassis.The shift ind.on the steering column has no light showing in it.I have checked both Chilton & Haynes manuals.They show nothing at all on this light.I have not removed the steering wheel yet.Anyone know what I have to do? Thank You Larry.

Bill Walker

I've got the factory service manual for 75-76 100-800 Dodge trucks. I took a look last night -- not much help there either. It's in the wiring diagram (18 gauge orange wire) but it doesn't show up in the steering column break-out section or the electrical lighting section.

(In case anyone is interested,I got the above factory manual (1200 pages) just recently from Books4Cars.com for $29.95. They shipped in about a week.This is the "good book".)

Good luck
Bill Walker #3222

LarryAlida

Mr.Bill Thank you for the quick reply.I'm sending for the book.Larry.

Richard Peterson

You have to remove the steering wheel to locate the light for the shift indicator.  As I remember, it is under the turn signal assembly.  Before you remove the steering wheel, mark it's position so you'll replace it properly.  The light should come on when the van lights are on.

Richard Peterson

Bill Walker

Larry, I just visited Book4Cars.com again. I see the price has gone up from $29.95 to $49.95 for the truck factory manual I got. Must be depleted their supply -- supply demand thing on price.

While there, I just ordered their motorhome suppliment for 74-75 at $14.95. They showed 2 more left on these. I think there was also a 77-78 motorhome suppliment for $69.95 (getting a little too pricy?).

I'll let you know if the 74-75 suppliment is worth having.

Good luck with the shift light.

Bill Walker

Larry, now I see Books4Cars has a factory motorhome repair manual listed for '76 -- went back and changed my order. This might be better still. These are used books (in good shape) --guess you need to check from time to time to see what these guys have in stock.

Good luck again.