News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Bathroom vent/Awning

Started by jwbeers, August 25, 2002, 04:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwbeers

Does anyone know where we could find a new bathroom vent with the fan and corner lights to fit a 1977 Dodge 440 21' Clipper?  Also, our Clipper does not have an awning.      There is a rail for one, but it is right above the door and doesn't look as if the door would clear an awning. How difficult is it to install an awning higher up on the fibreglass body?
Thanks for any input.
John and Beverlee Beers, #3329

HPotter

Probably at least half of the Clippers have awnings installed in the slot provided at the factory. I've seen some with a little wheel on top of the door to roll on the under side of the awning if the awning is extended so that it slopes. You shouldn't have a problem if it's installed by a reputable dealer.
Harold, #886

Sally Ann Healy

I agree.  The only thing that I found that is interfered with is the left arm, which impedes easy access to the water heater door after it's let down.  SAH  

LitlC

What size awning are most people putting on their clippers?  We are trying to research and get one. Thanks!

Sally Ann Healy

I ordered mine from Camping World, as they didn't carry the color that matched, & I believe that it is 12 ft. long.   They wouldn't install it, however; because they didn't want to be at risk of damaging the fiberglass.  So, a friend w/ an RV did it for me ( in less than 1/2 hr.!) SAH

LarryAlida

John.Re: Roof vent.We have our old roof vent,it's in bad shape.We bought an Elixer with a fan & white cover.We replaced the lights with a Bargman single lamp w/opaque lens.Installed the light on the cieling just left and forward of the new vent.It's not orginal equip.However the opaque white vent and Light covers give plenty of light.
The new vent inside frame does not quite cover the marks from the old vent You can move it around to suit your taste.Hope this helps.Larry.

Mark Smith

If you order a 13 ft long awning, it will extend back just behind the hot water tank door.  Camper World installed mine that way and it worked just fine.  The fiberglass in that area is solid and is also backed up with wood.
Mark  ACOC#1077

Sally Ann Healy

I'm glad you got more cooperation from Camping
worls than I did. (Wilsonville store).  When I first bought my rig, I bought alot of stuff from them for it, too.  SAH

Conrad

Does anyone have a picture of a retrofit awning?  My rig never had one and I would like to get one.  I have seen a picture with an original, and I have to say that it looke like something out of the mideval days.  hahah

HPotter

Re: the bathroom roof vent; I just got a new J. C. Whitney catalog (No.667J-10) which shows a lighted 14" x 14" roof vent with fan. One version has a remotely controlled motor to raise and lower the top lens. You might want to call them at 1-800-529-4486 and get a copy of the catalog. It looks like an ideal replacement. The version without the motor is $79.99 and is available with either a smoke-colored or white lid.
Harold, #886.

Plante

We went to Camping World in Wilsonville to get an awning for our '78 21'.  They carry A & E brand awnings and neither Camping World nor A & E can find a listing for the American Clipper to figure out where exactly to install it.  Can anyone help?

Plante

I contacted several awning manufactures(all in California) about instructions for installation on an American Clipper.  They all had the same advise:  1) Avoid Campers World because very few have people that have ever seen a fiberglass unit, and 2) Contact RV dealers until you find one that has experience with an American Clipper.  I found a dealer near where I work whose service mgr. used to own a Clipper.  I'll let you know how it turns out.