News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Interior Restoration Project Help ?

Started by dboling, August 30, 2009, 09:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetdaniel2

Just got home tonight ;D.
Yeah, my pump is pressure sensitive, so it pumps up the system to a preset level, then kicks on as needed. audibly tapers off as pressure builds. it goes from zero pressure to full pressure and shuts off in about 10 seconds.
FYI: my water system , including the pump was overhauled by the previous owner.
Cheers!
-D

John Eversoll

Well, Wellcome home!!!,

My pump must be the stock pu,p or the switch... It just keeps pumping.....

That is how I blew a line.  Going to do any fishing???

Had abuddy go to Colorado and do some hunting a while back.  Got himself a real big buck

As he said some where around 400 pounds, I am thinking of 325lbs.  He was going to give me
the antlers. But as luck would have it ... His wife threw them out in the trash........Damn!!!!!!
I was hoping to make a real nice home for them above my fire place....  My Luck!!!!!!!
Some day I will get me some antlers!!!
Well, have a nice time at home PD2......   :) John

JerryT

PD2
Do you have a pressure tank in your system?
JerryT

prophetdaniel2

JerryT

A tank (small) of water with air pressure in it just like in a house with a well.
JerryT

dboling

Quote from: prophetdaniel2 on September 11, 2009, 08:20:45 PM
? not sure what a pressure tank is? ???

It's called an extrol tank.
basically it's a fresh water holding tank that also stores pressure. this way you can turn your water pump off and still have water and pressure to your facets.

dboling

Today I installed new facets for the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Since I wasn't on the Government bail out lists I purchased the least expensive I could :)

I had to remount both facets. The kitchen was converted from center mount to an 8 inch mount facet and the Bathroom was converted from a 3 inch mount to 4 inch mount. I still need to find a plug to cover the hole in the kitchen sink where the old facet was mounted.

While I was at the RV store,
I tried to find a replacement roof vent for the broken one above the bed in the overhang area. The problem I'm having is my roof vent is bigger than the ones available to buy. The one I have measures (20 3/4 x 13 3/4) from inside the motorhome, anybody know where I can get one this size ?

JerryT

We call it the escape hatch and the Clipper club sells them, also you can order one from most any good R.V. store. Congrats on the progress! If you search my posts I have many pics of repairs and upgrade ideas.
JerryT

dboling

Quote from: JerryT on September 13, 2009, 12:20:44 PM
We call it the escape hatch and the Clipper club sells them, also you can order one from most any good R.V. store. Congrats on the progress! If you search my posts I have many pics of repairs and upgrade ideas.
JerryT

Thanks, been a lot of hard work :)
Even after repairing all the leaks my pump wouldn't shut down, it sounded like the pump  was trying to pump air.
I have an extra pump, so I was able to examine it. I found that the pressure is adjustable, so I just turned it down and now the pump shuts off and still has plenty of pressure.
The adjustment switch is located on the end of the pump. The guy at the RV store also said low power to the pump will keep the from turning shutting off.

I'm pretty new here and am not sure where the Clipper club store is, can you point me that way ?
Thanks...

JerryT

If you join the ACOC then you can mail in an order. You can print a order form from the main page  http://www.americanclipperownersclub.com
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hey Jerry, Where can I find a new sink for the bathroom.... John

JerryT

John Eversoll

I guess I will try Camping world and see if they can order one for me

I do thank you for answering my  dribble

John :)

dboling

Quote from: JerryT on September 13, 2009, 12:20:44 PM
JerryT

Was looking at some of your pics today, Nice Work !!!

Since you cut a 5'x6' hole over your bunk, you might how much room there is to play with between the roof supports ?

I'm thinking instead of an escape hatch a nice skylight might be the way to go.
I do know I have to do something with my escape hatch asap as the cover is totally gone and need to stop the water damage.

Looking at the ACOC order form the stock escape hatch is 13"x22" instead of 13 3/4"x 20 3/4" I measured from inside.

The reason I'm pushing myself to get my Clipper usable is my spouse and I have 30 acres with no power, water, house or anything. We have our horse and chickens there, so at least one of us has to live on the property to tend to the live stock. Winter gets pretty cold here in the Poconos, so the Clipper is our best bet to get through the winter.