News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Restaining interior wood

Started by vwkess, March 30, 2007, 06:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwkess

I have to say I'm not really a fan of the darker wood stains. It does look pretty good in the Clipper, but I'd like to go with something lighter. Has anyone restained the wood on their Clipper? Did you sand down the wood or use a stripper?

Shayne

You'll end up sanding through the veneer before you sand the stain off.  Best to just leave it as is.  If you really want it lighter, consider paint.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

vwkess

Well, looks like I will be painting it for now, at least until I do a full renovation with new panels over the winter. I took a small piece of paneling as a test (had a small soft section in the cabinet above the refrigerator). I used a gentle stripper and it is not stain, more like a paint of some kind to give it a wood look. It's just plain 'ol luan veneer under it :) So I'll primer it then put on a texture, prime and paint. I'll let you know how it turns out.