News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Power Steering Pump Pulley / Heater Question

Started by RYBKA, March 14, 2002, 01:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RYBKA

FYI,
I recently purchased John and and Mary Paszty's 79 Clipper so the ad can be cleared from the for sale web page.

I made it to Washington ok until Seattle then WHAM!  No power steering.  But I read the old news letters before I left Oregon, so I knew what the problem was.

However when I went to the Ford dealer with number E3UC3D673CA in hand for a dual groove pulley, the parts man told me that the number was actually an ID number.  The real part number is supposed to be E3UZ3A733C.

Unfortunately, Ford has not stocked the pulley since 1995.  Searching wrecking yards failed.  Searching web sites failed too.  I was ready to give up when I found a FOMOCO dual groove pulley with ID number E3TC3D673B.  The shaft area was a bit too small, but a trip to my local machine shop to grind out the area did the trick.

Also, my water heater data plate is blank from old age and wear.  Can anyone help me out with the Make and Model number?  And how do I fire this thing up anyway?  I found a pack of matches in the service area, to I light this thing with a match?

Thanks, Rybka ACOC #3279.

Horst

Don't bother trying to light  water heater with a match - you'll just end up frustrated and with burned fingers to boot.
Get one of those camping lighters - with the long neck - Costco usually has packs of three or six - worth their weight ion gold for lighting the water heater and fridge (although some people with newer Clippers have automatic ignition for their fridge)
Congrats on your purchase!
Horst #2961
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

RYBKA

Thank you HORST. Well, thats' what I was thinking too.  COSTCO here I come. RYBKA #3279.

junebob

I just checked with the Ford dealer where I bought my power steering pump pulley.Ford They no longer makes them. They were dicontinued 7-6-2000. Sorry about that.I will ask for a correction on the the clipper Parts list on the web and in the News letter.Bob Chaney #2626

Richard Peterson

I found you have to move the power steering pump forward to line up the pulleys for proper belt operation.  I used some thick washers to do this and just worked it until the system looked like it should.  Mine works fine now.  
Richard Peterson

LitlC

Thanks for the info. Richard but which number pulley did you use?  I am going to get the other one from the junk yard as well so if anyone is interested I will have an extra. Thanks-still trying to figure this thing out so we can get backon the road!

Richard Peterson

I am not sure what the part number for this pulley is but I think it came off an Olds.  Yes, I know this has never been mentioned in any newsletters.  The diameter may be a little different but it doesn't seem to matter.  I just spent a day searching junkyards for a dual sheave pulley until I found something that would work.  I thought I could find a Ford part but never did.  If you use washers to shim the pump to a different location you might want to use grade 8 bolts.  I think I had to get some longer ones.  Good luck!  
Richard Peterson

junebob

Proper 2 groove[sheave]power steering pulley,     The one from ford    ATTN. LitLC #178
The Ford part # is E3UC3D7673CA.This pulley fits your Mopar -440  without any modification. That is  if you have the stock origonal singe pulley set up. It requires no shims /washers/etc. ,It lines up perfectly on your Mopar.I just crawled under our Clipper to double check the number so I know it's right.Good luck     I will check back on my spare parts list entry from way back and make sore the number is this one.I am still under the impression that ford discontinued the item in 2000. I will also check the news letters WAY BACK to find the response from an Arizona member, where I found out about the replacement. I'm sure he indicated the year model Ford pickup truck that had the same dual pulley and power steering pump as Mopar. Best Regards ,Bob Chaney -#2626

LitlC

My double pulley #E3UC3DE73CA seems to line up just fine. I was told that this is off of a 83-86 Ford E150 with a 460 engine. I do have the other pulley that would require some spacers/shimming #E3TC3D673B if anyone is interested in making this renovation to a dual pulley power steering pump. We are still underway and getting ready to put her all back together this Saturday. Then we get to work on the exterior fiberglass. Keep your fingers crossed.