News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Front grill replacement for dodge chassis.

Started by Steve J. Taravella, April 06, 2002, 02:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J. Taravella

Do to the age of the Dodge chassis used for the American Clipper campers, the front grill on my 1978 unit is made of plastic and is cracked in many places. I would like to know if there are replacement grills available or an after market made by some company. Any info. will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve Taravella  (#1920)

handyman

Steve the best place would be J.C Witney they have all kinds of grills but even them you might not find one good luck

JeanneRon

My 77 Clipper was recently hit in the right front by a semi-truck, so I have been in the front end parts market.  Auto body shops simply said parts were not available, so I went in search at the local truck wrecking yards (a thoroughly unsavory task).  It took some searching, but I did locate used parts, including a grille.  The trick is to find one with the bottom screw tabs intact.  These appear to break off pretty easily, even if the rest of the grille is in good shape (cheap plastic parts!!).  Good luck!
Jeanne Gage

LarryAlida

Stull Industries,Lake Elsinor Ca.,makes a Square tube grille in chrome steel.Call them for specs and a dealer near you.In Wa. state call Nelson Truck Equipment.1 206-365-1000.Ask for Stan.The cost is about 150.00 plus freight.They no longer make this grille.Stull has a few left in stock.

junebob

Steve. Concerning replacement grills for your Clipper     J.C.Whitney carries chrome replacement grills in stock. Both round and square tube. These are not exactly the same design as stock,they look better. [Opinion}         Bob Chaney #2626: