News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

leak behind shower wall

Started by CHARLIE O, May 22, 2006, 06:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE O

HELLO:
I HAVE A 21' REAR KITCHEN(1976).
I HAVE A LEAK ON ONE OF THE LINES TO THE SHOWER FAUCT.
HOW DO YOU GAIN ACCESS THE THE BACK OF THE FAUCET.
I CAN REACH IN FROM UNDER THE SINK & TOUCH THE NEAREST CONNECTION BUT CANT REACH THE FAR ONE AS THE VENT PIPE IS IN THE WAY.
ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO????

THANKS--CHARLIE

JerryT

Charlie:
I just replaiced my valve on my side bath. I cut an access hole in the shower wall just above it, made the change and made a neat shower caddy to fill the hole. I wanted a place for the soaps inside the curtian. I used a garnish from a ceiling/vent fan and backed it up with a plastic medicine cabinet cut down to fit. It looks really good/stock. I am also changing the shower curtian rod to an I beam style so I can bow it out a little at the top for a bit more room. My shower valve had the hose out the top and the handset was hung center side wall, now the hose goes out the bottom and I hung the handset in the top front out side corner. I also found an non dribble handset that has an awesome spray, it will blow the soap out of your hair on pump, haven't tried city yet.
I did have to 90 the vent over and up for the room but it was easy and worth every bit of the effort. I have read all the back newsletters and know no other way to gain access from inside, one guy cut and put a door on the outside (more work/less improvement) Anybody else know?
Jerry

JerryT

Charlie:
I just replaiced my valve on my side bath. I cut an access hole in the shower wall just above it, made the change and made a neat shower caddy to fill the hole. I wanted a place for the soaps inside the curtian. I used a garnish from a ceiling/vent fan and backed it up with a plastic medicine cabinet cut down to fit. It looks really good/stock. I am also changing the shower curtian rod to an I beam style so I can bow it out a little at the top for a bit more room. My shower valve had the hose out the top and the handset was hung center side wall, now the hose goes out the bottom and I hung the handset in the top front out side corner. I also found an non dribble handset that has an awesome spray, it will blow the soap out of your hair on pump, haven't tried city yet.
I did have to 90 the vent over and up for the room but it was easy and worth every bit of the effort. I have read all the back newsletters and know no other way to gain access from inside, one guy cut and put a door on the outside (more work/less improvement) Anybody else know?
Jerry

CHARLIE O

HEY JERRY:
THANKS SO MUCH. I NEVER THOUGH ABOUT CUTTING A HOLE IN THE SHOWER WALL TO GAIN ACCESS. I THINK THAT MAY BE THE EASIEST.
FOR NOW I'M JUST GOING TO CAP THE LINES TO THE SHOWER FACUET
AS WE DONT USE THE SHOWER. THIS WINTER I WILL TEAR INTO IT &
FIX IT AS I WANT TO KEEP THINGS ORIGINAL.
THANK YOU-----CHARLIE O

phjak

It is kind of late to be replying, but in case you haven't fixed the problem yet or others with a rear kitchen have the same problem, I can tell you what I did. I recently did extensive replumbing on the water lines in my 1976 rear kitchen model.  I accessed the rear of the shower by cutting a hole in the rear of the closet.  Some access was also gained through the slot below the bathroom sink.  I replaced a lot of fittings with the white connections and tubing which I purchased from ace hardware.  I have also seen some of these type fittings at Lowe's.  They work extremely well.

zoom260z

Quote from: "phjak"It is kind of late to be replying, but in case you haven't fixed the problem yet or others with a rear kitchen have the same problem, I can tell you what I did. I recently did extensive replumbing on the water lines in my 1976 rear kitchen model.  I accessed the rear of the shower by cutting a hole in the rear of the closet.  Some access was also gained through the slot below the bathroom sink.  I replaced a lot of fittings with the white connections and tubing which I purchased from ace hardware.  I have also seen some of these type fittings at Lowe's.  They work extremely well.

Help! I got water, water everywhere! I also have a 1976 Dodge 21ft with the rear kitchen/bath/shower. I had it hooked up to Tucson water supply. Came out in the morning had water leaks everywhere. Even the pressure regulator was leaking. Lot's of local construction in my area. Maybe the pressure regulator gave out and local high water pressure just destroyed all my plumbing. Looks like every joint and T that I could see is leaking!!!

Could appreciate any help you could offer to locate all the junctions and Ts in the system, how best to get to them, and what you found best to replace or repair.

Thanks Much!.
Bill Walker ACOC 3222 (email zoom260z@att.net)