News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Generator

Started by brianthelion02, March 08, 2006, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianthelion02

My clipper came with no generator,what size should i be looking for to run the coleman roof a/c?Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JerryT

My 78  never have a generator. I did not want to give up the side storage compartment so I bought a Onan 2800 microlite and mounted it underneath just behind the gas tank. It runs the roof a/c fine. I don't run the a/c with any other big power users like the mw or a toaster, it was a big investment so I like to baby it. If you want to run it all at once you will need a 4000 watt or better and put it in the side box.
Jerry

JerryT

brianthelion02

Thank you,thats what i needed to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip Molen

Jerry do you have pics of the gen mounted under or some tips or directions. I don't want to give up the compartment either. I am getting a onan micoquite 4000 tomarrow. Thanks Skip

JerryT

Skip:
The 4k was to big to fit in my 78. I have the 50 gal tank and I had to square it up to get the 2.8k in. A factory 30 gal may give you enough room. I took some pics but have not sent the roll in yet.  Keep me posted and good luck.
Jerry