News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

help-i -just want to go and feel safe

Started by 2kids2horses1rvandmom, June 17, 2002, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2kids2horses1rvandmom

HI-JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE LIVES CLOSE BY ME THAT COULD LOOK OVER MY RIG AND MAKE SUGGESTIONS. I READ ALL THE TECH STUFF AND I'M NOT SURE WHERE TO START. I'VE HAD 2 FLATS NOW-REPLACED THE TIRES IN REAR-FRONT ARE OK WILL CHANGE THESE WHEN ABLE. THE FLATS CAUSED PROBLEMS- I HAVE A GAS TANK HOSE THATS CLAMPED (DOUBLE BUT LEAKS-SO I CAN'T FILL THE TANK), I HAVE THE FRONT COMPARTMENT LOCATED INFRONT OF THE REAR WHEEL  THAT WAS RIPPED THROUGH BY THE RADIAL-I WANT TO REINFORCE THAT AREA SO THIS NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN-ALSO THE WATER PUMP WAS RIPPED OUT BY THE ELECTRICLE CORD WRAPPED AROUND AXLE AND PULLED OUT. THE SECOND FLAT ON THE SAME SIDE RIPPED THROUGH MY AIR BAG HOSE THAT LIFTS THAT SIDE. NOT MAJOR STUFF BUT I'M NOT A MECHANIC BUT I'M WILLING TO LEARN. MY E MAIL IS BLUSHES 57 @AOL.COM, I LIVE IN SANTA ROSA,CA.THANKS  

Diana&Ron

URGENT Your gas hoses should all be replaced NOW. We had the thermoquad carburetor rebuilt ($100) and wanted to test drive. The gas hoses were all mushy and decided to give way as we were at a gas station close to home. Gasoline fumes can ignite from a spark from a switch or any kind of friction and is very dangerous. Hoses and clamps are available at any auto parts store, however, working around gasoline is so dangerous that you need to find an experienced amature or professional mechanic to supervise at the very least.  The fumes under the motor home while working to replace the hoses are both toxic to breathe and and very ignitable. A fan to dissipate the fumes and absorbant material or water to dissipate the gasoline are suggested. No smoking around the unit while it is leaking gas, please! All other hoses should be examined for cracks or soft spots and they should be replaced.
Check you library or book store for books like Trailer Life's RV Repair & Maintenance Manual by Bob Livingston available new for $34.95 from Boarders. Trailer Life also offers RV Handbook $29.95, 10 Minute Tech - The Book $29.95, The Best of Tech Topics $12.95. These books may be available at a much lower price from used book sellers in your area or on line. Try Amazon.com.