News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

kitchen sink

Started by nhoj03, September 03, 2005, 04:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhoj03

I have a 75 rear kitchen clipper. This past week while on vacation in the clipper the rear kitchen sink broke. Upon further investigation i found that the internal plastic parts are brittle, and have cracked. I believe the brand is a volrath. I know that the clipper store sells o-rings, but anyone know where i can get another faucet, original or new one that will fit??? The sink opening is cutout for the volrath sink,.......what can i do. Other than the sink, the clipper performed very well on our 300 mile trip. Also it towed a jeep back and forth.  :D
1975 American Clipper, 21ft Rear Kitchen, Dodge 360, 521F

Rodney

I replaced mine before I joined ACPC with one from the hardware store, just a basic faucet. it was a good fit in the same single hole but it now has one handle for both cold and hot.
Rodney

Shayne

For some standard faucets, you might need to make the hole in the sink bigger.  I replaced mine with the kind that have the faucet on a hoe so you can pull it out.  Made filling odd size containers a lot easier.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

nhoj03

shayne, thanks for the response. That is the kind of faucet i am looking for. What make is it and maybe model.

Conrad

Is the hitch on the motorhome beefed enough to handle towing a jeep?

nhoj03

not really beefed. It is welded well. I have towed a jeep wrangler for 2 years now on 300 mile trips, no problems at all. It is funny though, whether towing a vehicle or not, the clipper gets the same fuel mileage. What a beast.

Shayne

Quote from: "nhoj03"shayne, thanks for the response. That is the kind of faucet i am looking for. What make is it and maybe model.

I just bought one at Costco.  It was rather generic, but it worked fine.  I did have to make the hole in the top of the sink bigger.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146