News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

covering?

Started by terry and karen conkle, August 23, 2005, 03:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry and karen conkle

We had asked before, here it is again, do all of the Clippers have that brown vinyl stuff on the cabinets and fridge?

terry

susan-y

No. my cabinets are wood (door skin) and my refrigerator has a woven material (probably slips in, never checked).  I've looked at a few Clippers and don't recall any with that much vinyl. :?

Rodney

The original cabinets in my clipper had a wood grain paneling on them but if not careful it  can be pulled off with tape which makes for an ugly spot.
my oem fridge was like Susans it had that cloth stuff on it. I installed a piece of oak door skin matrerial on the new fridge I got. it looks much nicer.
See ya
Rodney

Andy Illes

Terry.... all my "paneling", cabinets and all, is a woodgrain vinyl-clad plywood (dark pecan?).  My fridge, which I think has been changed from orig, has the same paneling.

I replaced all the facings, doors and drawer-fronts in my kitchen with real oak, like Rodney.   Looks better, but not as "dramatic" as I thought it would be.... in retrospect, not really worth doing, for all the work it was.  Rodney hadda rebuild anyway... in which case, different story... I'd definitely use "real".

Conrad

Rodney, I had the same problem with tape on the paneling.  I used some walnut colored danish oil on all the surfaces and it really made an improvement.  I can't see the blemishes at all.