News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

!st time clipper owner

Started by jason kovatch, August 27, 2005, 01:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason kovatch

I recently purchased a 1976 clipper 21 ft model.  I bought it from an insurance company in Rancho Cordova Ca. The previous owner-owners were meticulous in their care for this RV.  All the paperwork and membership info from the American Clipper Owners Club came with the RV.  The previous owners were in the midst of seeling this unit when some a@#hole stole on the pretense of a test drive.  I truly believe that the previous owners were very passionate about their Clipper and I'd love to hear from them if anyone who reads this may know of the story and/or the previous owners.  As well I have a question regarding a pump of some sort that is behind the driver seat...it would cut in and out during the 1500mile run from Rancho Cordova Ca to Regina Saskatchewan Canada.  What is this pumps purpose and so on.  Also, if anyone has any tips or hints for a 1st time clipper owner please let me know.  Thanks all and god bless.

Andy Illes

Hiyya Jason.... welcome to ClipperLand!!!  Always nice to have another Hungarian aboard....  :lol:  :lol:

Glad you got a nice one.  Be SURE to join the club, it's great!  I'm on the E Coast (So Fla).... most Clips are on your (wrong) end... very few over here.  I'm sure someone around you can help identify the previous owner, most of these are "known", and you'll find everyone in our little community VERY helpful... ask, and ye shall receive...  :lol:

I've had mine for almost exactly 2 years now, and this Club has been a blessing getting to know my Clip.... named Fred, btw.

I think the pump you're talking about is your water pump.  You didn't mention what floor plan you have (you can see them all from the main menu... scroll down), but the fresh water tank should be behind the driver's seat, and the pump's under the other dinette seat in mine, whree the electric cord stores... you'll hear it "brrrp" once in a while if it's on.... esp if you have a leaky toilet valve.  There should be a set of switches above your fridge to show levels in the water and holding tanks, your (coach) battery condition... and a switch to turn that water pump on and off.... it runs off the 12v circuit.  If you're hooked to a hose, you don't need it on.

Again, welcome.... and here's wishing you many happy miles and years of trouble free Clipping.