News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Does your your Clipper have a ~NAME~ if so What is it?

Started by Rodney, May 10, 2005, 06:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodney

Hello,
This is a silly question but I am full of 'EM.
I have a Clipper buddy who has been calling his Clipper Fred.
Has anyone else named their Clipper? if so and it's not "R" rated would you you mind sharing with me?
I want to name my Coach but am having a hard time coming up  with one that fits.
Yes I have called it many names but I wouldn't want to repeat them in front of the grand kids. :lol:
If you have a name for your Clip why did you name it that?
:wink:

Andy Illes

Fred????   Hmmmmmmmmmmm,,,, I like that.

Oh wait.... no wonder.... that's mine... :):):)

Conrad

MOHO for motorhome.  'Course you can see the options I have for other meanings.  :wink:

Where I work the term 'MO' used to mean any grunt worker/helper on a electrical line crew.  It works so hard ya know.  :P

A contraction of Mo-fo.  Use your imagination, get in the gutter and you will know that of which I speak.

A sick term of endearment.  :shock:

Shayne

Our was named Missy by the previous owner.  We stuck with it, and made sure the new owner was aware she already had a name  :D
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

jwreding

My mom has been calling our Clipper by the endearing names of "eyesore" "that d*** motor home" and "that ugly thing" for the past 15 years.  I call it "project." :D  After the diesel goes in maybe I'll call her the "Oilrig"

Adrian

We named our Clipper our very first time we took it out on a trip.  We were traveling up twisty mountain roads.  Our little clipper went slow but steady.  What was funny is that we had some teenagers in a truck that kept passing us, but then would stop and end up behind us, then pass us again.  It turned out we were going to the same camp ground, but we ended up making it just ahead of them.  We laughingly referred to the Tortiouse (sp?) and the Hare, and decided that we would call our Clipper "Toby."  If you look at the Clipper with its little house on its back, definitely looks like a turtle.
Monica

Annie

Arrrgggh matey.  She be called the "Mighty Wind" for 'tis a mighty wind that will move this old barge (and also for the stench i guess).
Annie in Reno

Rodney

Thanks all for the replies they are all great names and the stories behind them are even better. :lol:
I am getting some good ideas but nothing for sure yet. Maybe Heather after the youngest Stepdaughter cuz she is always needing something & can I borrow $20 for Gas DAD? Well maybe not.
I can relate to  the mighty wind for both reasons LOL time to go dump the holding tanks maybe. The wife {the nose} will let me know when it is time for that, for a while she thought it was me and cut me off of the beans..
keep em' coming
Rodney

Richard Peterson

We call ours "Arvy".  The kids seem to like it that way. 8)
Richard Peterson

bigray

My wife calls it "a money pit" and I call it "my Clipper". She doesn't really have a name, per se!

epbson

We used to do alot of tent camping so it got a nickname real quick...."Betterenatent"

Clipperdude

If you ask me, the name is "Smoke bomb" Because the gasket is cracked and she makes a cloud if the engine comes under a load... But we will be stuffing in a new long-block so it should become "The sand pit". The reason being that I intend to take it to the beach a lot.

RoadScholar

It really doesn't have a nickname, but since I was in the USAF, I would probably use " Hanger Queen". Thats what we called the planes that didn't get used much. Hopefully that will change when I am finished with my Serpentine Belt and Pully installation.  John

milliraye

My Clipper definitely earned "HIS" name! "Billy Bob". I have lived in Billy Bob, Ate in Billy Bob, Had wonderful adventures in Billy Bob.
I often joke that Billy Bob is the only male to ever put a roof over my head, And he is very dependable! :D

75clipper