News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

76 Clippr For Sale Cheap!

Started by Horst, October 18, 2004, 12:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

I saw it in Auto Shopper, and went to go look at it at Blanco Storage in Salinas (940 East Blanco Rd)

Custom paint job, and a real 70s "love machine" remodel - brown plushy velour all over the place!
Closet converted into a bar, etc.

Has some problems - very bad tires, Onan generator won't start, bathroom vent cover missing resulting in water damage - which ruined velour - which was subsequently replaced with vinyl tiles in the ceiling in the bathroom and rear kitchen - pretty ugly. Some of the hatches would not open (wrong keys?)

The good - body is quite good, engine started right up and after a few backfires, idled well, sounded strong - pretty sure it's a 440 - has good exhaust system, under carriage looked pretty good. I did not drive it.
Forgot to check for tow hitch.
Has 52k miles on it

Price is $2,000 - maybe offer $1500 and grab good "project" Clipper.
This thing need some work - but has lots of life left.
The owner just wants to get rid of it.
My thought was to get it and turn it - but needs a bit too much work to make a decent profit - but would make a good cheap motorhome for someone with time and some skills.
Tel - 831-757-2186
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Shayne

I saw that one in the Auto Shopper too.. I was going to post about it too, but you beat me to it  :)

I was wondering if he even knew what it was?  He listed it in there as a Dodge Motorhome and looked like the American Clipper sticker was missing in the picture.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Horst

It's a woman who owns it - and apparently not in the best of health.
She is tired of paying storage fees.
I pretty sure she does not know about the Amercian Clipper Club - and may not even know that she has a Clipper.

But I gotta tell ya - this must of have been quite the "party wagon" back in the day!

Also has after market seats that are very confortable - but should probably get re-upholstered.
Has a satelite system, CD player, and some bizzare Panasonic Electronic gizmo mounted in the ceiling of the drivers compartment - rather large, as in 8x16 inches or - I have no idea what that was/is for - looks like some kind of fancy stereo controller.
Did have four bigger speakers mounted in the upper side storage compartments - there may have been more - but I didn't look. Not only was most of the closet converted to a bar - but the console in between the barrel chairs (across from the dinette) was ALSO converted into a "mini-bar"!!
As if the bar in the closet wasn't enough, or too far away??!! - ha!
I could just "feel" all the good times people must have had in that Clipper! Swear I heard laughter.............
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

bigray

Sounds like some party wagon!