News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Santa Margarita KOA, California

Started by Shayne, July 03, 2002, 03:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

I would have to say that unless you have a specific reason to be here, it's not much of a place to go out of your way for.  Lots of dirt, and dust.  Not much in the way of green except up in the oak trees.  Most of the sites seem to be fairly level and big enough to sread out your stuff a little. The campground is laid out in the hills, so there are sites scattered all around.  We stayed in campsite 36, it was one of the better sites, shady and large, and near the only bathroom/shower facility in the place. 36, 55 and 55P would also be good choices due to the tree cover, it gets warm here in the summer.  If you get sites 60-65, you're up on top of the hill, 64 and 65 have a little lawn area.  No shade up there though.  They have a pool, while it wasn't exactly what I would call clean, it wasn't scary, and in fairness to the park there were A LOT of kids there this weekend.  It very well may have been cleaned before the weekend started. If you plan on walking around much, take some good shoes, the hills are steep.  Too steep for some people to ride bicycles on. Also, there isn't any TV hook up, I'm not sure what kind of local reception you could get, but I know that our cell phones were not working out there, so don't expect much in the way of TV.

We will be going back in October, maybe it will green up a bit by then? I'll let you know.

We are going because it also happens to be the site of the Santa Margarita BMX track. My kids are racing BMX bicycles in the State Championship series, the final race will be run here in October, so we will have to be here, at least it shouldn't be so warm    
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146