News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Water leak

Started by Alan Caldwell, January 18, 2004, 08:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Caldwell

Hello ,I'm Alan here in Austin ,Tx. I just bought a 77 cliper and the last owner says that the last time he filled the water tank ,,it emptyed out on his way to Fort Worth ,,,Wher do you start to follow the water lines ,, I don't have an owners manual ,, so if anybody can Help i would be thankful ,,My email is ,,,alancald37@austin.rr.com

handyman

Alan I dont know what model you have but if it's a rear kitchan the water tank is under the dinnet front side the water lines go down the left side to the water pump that's under the rear of the dinnet then they go back to the shower and under the bath floor to the kitchen,if it emptyed it all out with thr pump off then it should be easy to find just fill the tank if it's a pressure side leak and he had the pump switch on just turn it on and start looking for water in side if none then look under the rig itll show up sooner or later

Richard Peterson

The first place to look is under the kitchen sink.  Follow the water lines to the floor and look for leaks.  Next place would be the bathroom sink water lines.  If you find no leaks there, you could have a problem with the lines under the bathroom floor, (that's where mine was!)  In that case, you remove the toilet and then lift up the floor to check the fittings there.  With any luck at all, you can find the leak when the pump is running cause the water has to go somewhere.  Good hunting!    
Richard Peterson