News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Carburetor question

Started by a&kgildroy, September 17, 2003, 12:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a&kgildroy

We are wanting to change our Holley carb to a different make.  Has anyone with a Dodge 440 used or is using an 850 CFM Performance Rochester Quadra Jet?

Plante

I installed a 750cfm Edlebrock carb with an Edlebrock manifold.  While towing my car or my 18' boat I get 7.5mpg.  When not towing I get over 9mpg.  My mechanic - who used to own a Clipper - is very impressed with the performance also.  One problem:  very difficult to get it to pass polution test.

a&kgildroy

We checked with BFIC, they gave us a price of $630. on a 795 CFM Edelbrock #9105. Kind of steep. They also listed 2 others, 1. The Rochester new for $329. delvd and 2. ThermoQuad remanufactured for $306.  Thanks for your input.

Plante

I paid around $300 for the carb from Knechts.

Tyler Hoodenpyle

Jegs mail order has a 750 cfm electric choke for 275.95.  Edelbrock.  Used to be Carter.

mike burwell

gerry and donna..how did you get it to pass and what problems did you have? I'm having my own california smog nightmare with my holley list number80491....help please!!!!

Plante

Ours has not passed smog as yet - I tried a few times(ever though it isn't due yet) but it didn't pass.  My mechanic says he will retard the timing and adjust the carb to make it pass when the time comes.

mike burwell

thanks for the info...my test only station says the egr valve is not hooked up properly to the carb, the holly does'nt have a venturi vaccum to plug on to, but this carb is california approved..go figure!!!!