News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Converter/battery set-up in old Clippers - warning

Started by Horst, March 26, 2002, 01:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

I know that this should probably go in Tips & Hints - but I'll put it here as I had questions about converters/chargers.

Those of us with old Clippers that do NOT have the coach battery access door - watch out! If  your battery is not secured VERY well, it will move around while you're underway, and may slide back and unplug your converter/charger.

This happened to me. (I was wondering why my battery was discharging too quickly!)    
The fix was to block the front and back of the battery with some wood pieces to prevent the battery from shifting around (in addition to the normal strap set-up it had.)
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.