News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

refrigerator

Started by sp2002, June 01, 2003, 08:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp2002

using propane over night the refer goes down to 30 degrees and during the day up to 55 degrees the ice cubes stay frozen. does anyone have an answer to this problem other than a new unit. i have not tried it with electricity.

Charlie

Mine does about the same thing except it only goes up during the day to about 45.  I installed a small cooling fan onto the heat coil on the back of the frig. and a battery operated circulation fan inside the frig.  It works much better now.

HPotter

I understand there are different sized orifices that can be installed in the gas burner in the Dometic refrigerators to adjust the cooling capacity. A qualified repairman familiar with these units should be able to advise you.
H. Potter, #886

LarryAlida

You might try getting some shade on the outside access door to your fridge . Do not cover the vent louvers . Just tape ?? a little awning above the door,big enough to provide some shade . these small fridges need all the help they can get on hot days. I learned this from an old fridge repairman in Wenatchee. Larry B.