News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Heat Riser

Started by Adrian, July 11, 2002, 01:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

We just purchased our clipper. It is a 1977 with a 440. Im in the process of getting it ready for or first outing. However I noticed that the bimetal spring on the Heat Riser is broken. Is there a way to just remove the part? What should I do.
Thanks
Adrian.  

cat

Adrian:  I  suggest wiring the butterfly in a open position.  I've had Thorley headers for the last 14 years and they certainly don't have a heat control valve.  I've never had trouble with a 440 warming up.  Warming up will be the least of your problems.

Adrian

Thanks
On that valve which way is open? Do I rotate it clock or counter clock wise?
Adrian

cat

Adrian;  Counter clockwise is the open position.  Good luck on your trip.