News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

new cd player.

Started by FREE BIRD, June 27, 2002, 11:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FREE BIRD

I'm thinking of putting a new deck in my Clipper but cant deside where to place the speakers. any body know where to put them with out taking away needed space.

Horst

Under your overhead cabinets which are behind the driver and passenger seat.
Face them forward - works great.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

mollerus

I put my speakers in the upper part of the wood trim panels behind the cab doors and the RV body just behind the seats.  You must use thin speakers. I think mine were 1-3/4 inches deep. I like this position as they are out of the way  and close for sound quality.  I put another set of speakers in the back and enjoy quad sound while parked.

Shayne

You can also get plastic enclosures for Circuit City or the like that will screw under the cabinets.  My clipper already had these when I bought it.  I upgraded the speeakers when I added the CD player.  I mounted the CD player in a similar fashion, in an enclosure under the cabinet.  I didn't want to put it in the dash, I don't need someone breaking into my Clipper to steal a $200 stereo and doing damage in the process. So I mounted the CD up where it is not seen. And the original 8 track just looks so good there  

Tip - Spend a few extra dollars and get a CD player with a remote.  This lets you control it without getting up from the table, or out of bed or whatever...  very nice feature in an RV.

Also, when mounting speakers, whether in enclosures or in the wall, put some cotton batting behind them. This will richen the sound, especially the bass.  If using enclosures, use some weather stripping around the edge, this will help stop vibration noise.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Horst

So Free Bird!
When are going  to join the ACOC??
Met you at Manteca Waterslides last week - we were discussing Clippers and such, and I warned you that I would chide you a bit to join the Club proper.
So here it is!
Time to join Free Bird!!
regards
Horst
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

FREE BIRD

Hi Horst, yeh i'll join soon. hey thanks for the advice you gave me, I now have new tires and got my ac fixed. also looking on replaceing that gromit thing that keeps the wipers going. i'll see talked to you in the tech. forum soon.

Conrad

What size speakers are we all talking about?  5" flush or some surface mount types?