News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Saying good by to a old friend

Started by handyman, September 24, 2004, 09:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handyman

I'm writing this letter to let everyone I'v helped and for the help I'v receved over the last few years I'm going to miss you, I'm sorry to say I'v givin up on my Clipper after four years of work and what seems a new problem everday and more money than I care to count I just give up so I called a charity and I'm going to donate it to them I wouldent sell it to anyone I'd feel like I cheted someone on the brite side I'v got a bunch of parts to sell including a carberator. bowl boddy and a bunch of floats and other parts I'll get a price in a few days if anyone needs parts I'v got five or six window knobs door latches new water pump head a new set of air bags a new toilet if your interested write me now for a request if the webmaster and the club dosent mind I'd like to keep up with the forms and keep giving advice if you still want it  :(

bigray

Well Jim I don't know where to start. You've really help me out over the past year. Just today I got my 8.75x16.5 Michelin installed based on your recommendations. Let's see....you told me how much pressure to put in my air bags (hell, I think you were the one that told me that I had air bags), and the list goes on and on.

I'll have to agree with you, it's one thing after another with these Clips. Thank God I have an understanding wife and some youth (I'm only 33) left otherwise I might be following suite.

Yesterday I cranked my Clipper to take it to get new tires installed and it sounded like a cat was under the hood. Instead of pulling out the trusty water hose to locate the source, I just took a close look at things. The pulley for the smog pump was motionless so the belt was squealing like crazy. I guess that puppy locked up. I slight squeaking noise a month prior but figured it would go away. 40 bucks later and a couple of hours of time and I replaced smog pump and she's purring like a kitten.

Like you said, it always something. My wife refers to my Clip as the money pit. I spent several thousands getting it the way that I want it.

Seems like you've made up your mind to get rid of your girl. I know it going to be hard for you. You are going to have to promise to stay online to help keep the rest of use sane.

Bottom line, I 'preciate your help fella. I wish you the very best.

Conrad

I have to agree with Big Ray, you have been a big help in advice and such.  Don't get me wrong here but... I am going to miss reading your submittals.

stevea

Handyman-

Members like you are why this is such a great club. Your advice has been practical and sensible, and has helped me out a lot.

Thank you.

Shayne

Thanks for all your past help Jim.  You have been an asset to the club for sure and you will be missed around here.  But if you want to come around and help just for the heck of it, feel free  :)
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

bigray

Okay you guys, quit telling Jim we are going to miss him. He is not going anywhere. He's getting rid of his Clipper not his computer.

He just won't be able to go out an look at his Clipper to help us with problems and support.

Jim, like most of us are addicted to this site. I'd be willing to bet that he has forgotten more than I know about my Clipper (automotive stuff for that matter)  so I'm sure he will continue to offer advise.

Right Jim!

Mark&Carmen

Sorry to see you give up the Clipper.  We just got ours.  We may be interested in your Clipper items.  We have to see what we need first. Thanks. Good luck to your. Mark&Carmen