News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Awning/generator/gas

Started by rewmpace, November 04, 2003, 12:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rewmpace

Is it possible to have an awning installed on my 1980 American Clipper, rear bath model 21 ft.  I was going to have one installed but the trailer company said it wasn't possible.  Do you know something they don't?

I had a A/C installed now I'm having a delimea about which Generator I should use?  A portable or have one installed.

Has anyone had a problem with the gasoline using leaded gas?  We try to put in an additive.  Need to know if this is alright.

Tyler Hoodenpyle

I have seen awnings on just about every year Clipper.  Ask Camping World or a major rv outfitter near you.  
 As far as generators go, I just ran across an article in Trailer Life magazine November 2002 on portable ac generators  you can check out at library.  
 I wouldn't worry about adding lead to your fuel.  Most vehicles produced after 1973 had induction-hardened exhaust valve seats and lead wasn't as necessary to cushion the valve apon closing.  I would add a can of fuel line stabalizer before storing your rig for a while and maybe carry some octane boost if anticipating hill climbs.  If pinging or detonation is a concern, consider ignition timing adjustment or on board timing control from MSD or Jacobs ignition.  You also could have a carbon build up in combustion chambers.

Horst

Friend of mine had Campiopng World install his. They appear to have done a good job.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Conrad

When I had my heads re-worked I asked the shop to tell me whether the valve seats were hardend.  They were.  Mine is a 1976 dodge.  This is in line with  what Tyler said.  I don't see any advantage to adding a lead additive.  Any reason why you  do?  Just curious.