News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Clipper parts needed

Started by twentythreeskido, May 03, 2003, 10:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twentythreeskido

I recently purchased a 1977-23' clipper to use to tow my 15' Smokercraft boat around to various local lakes for short, two or three day fishing trips. I notice that a lot of the plastic seems to have crystalized and is easy broken on some accessories.  The little side lights that iluminate the rear license plate for one thing. Also the plastic 'guts' in the bathroom faucet have broken, causing leaks.  I've tried all the places around Spokane, but can't find anything that comes close to duplicating what's needed. I've also checked the links on this site, but can't seem to find anything.  Anyone who could furnish a good source for Clipper parts would be much appreciated.

Richard Peterson

You probably will end up with a new faucet for the bathroom.  They cost around $10-$20.  I found mine at Home Depot.  I believe the hole pattern is 4" but you should remove the old one and take it with you when shopping.  The license plate light is another story.  I'm not sure where you could find a replacement but there is a store in Phoenix called the "Light House" or something like that and they carry a lot of automotive lights.  I was able to duplicate the rear stop,turn light assembly and spent about $26 for the unit.    
Richard Peterson

twentythreeskido

Thanks Richard:
I previously took the faucet to Home Depot, but couldn't come any closer than about 1/2" on width, which would require redrilling holes in the sink.  I had hoped to duplicate the faucet, but might have to go that route.  I'm going to try to have a fiberglass shop reconstruct the lights.... Other than replacing a broken speedometer cable, and installing a ball hitch on the front so I don't have to try to back the boat down a launching ramp, I'm ready to throw in the sleeping bags and give it a shake-down. That's if it ever stops raining.  Looks as though it's going to be a wet summer in the Inland Pacific Northwest.
twentythreeskido