News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Changing Interior Colors

Started by <LitlC>, June 29, 2002, 01:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

<LitlC>

I recently purchased a 77 Clipper Dodge 440.  I did quite a bit of research and in looking at photos I noticed some interiors had a much lighter color on the walls than the dark oak color.  Does anyone have suggestions on painting, covering, etc. of the walls on the clipper?  

I look forward to all of the helpful tips/hints I am going to need-I just sent in my membership. THANKS!

handyman

We are in the middle of redueing our 77 we recovered all the doors in wood grain paper and wall papered the cabnet frams and walls so far it's looking great our wood was to far gone to be saved you can paint the walls or just about anything else you want good luck  

Sally Ann Healy

When I attended the Evergreen campout in Long Beach, Wa., a few weeks ago, I got to see a number of different color schemes, furniture arrangements etc.  The cabinets in a couple of the rigs were lighter colored, because the door fronts were covered w/ a burlap type of material.  They apparantly were one of the "stock" choices at that time.  Also, another surprise to me were the curtains for the cab.  Mine hang straight & divide the cab from the living quarters & are a light beige.  Others wound all the way around the cab doors & windshield & were rust colored.     SA Healy

handyman

Litlc I wrote earlyer but heres some more info for you before you try wall papering us this on the wood paneling one coat and the paper sticks like it would on normal walls it's called zinsser shields white universal wallcovering primer it's great I'v done the intire kitchan and bath area and It looks great also for painting if I can find out how to post some pictures I'll put them on the page by the way join the club youll love the news letters and the goodies you can get for your clipper

junebob

Sally Ann Healy - Regarding interior colors.
The interior colors and location of the front privacy screen are related to coach year model. The darker wood trim and privacy divider blocking of the van cab was used thru I believe 1976, maybe 1977.The  !978 ,1979, & 1980 coaches had the around the inside of the wind shield privacy curtain.The 1978 & 1979 coaches had a lighter shade wood panelling and the "burlap" trim on the storage doors. The 1980 Coaches had a lighter yet different grain paneling.Bob Chaney #2626

Sally Ann Healy

Bob:  Thanks for the info. on the different interior colors etc.  It didn't cross my mind that it had anything to do w/the yr. they were built.  The Evergreen campout scheduled for next weekend at Battle Ground Lake has, unfortunately, been cancelled due to different members' illnesses or injuries.   Is the Cascade Club planning any outings for the rest of the summer?  Sa Healy, #3165.