News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

bad mpg

Started by rvguy101, April 21, 2017, 01:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvguy101

hello, so for the pass 2 months,. my clipper, been geting very bad mpg,. like before, i get about 20-21 mpg,. now that down to 7.95 mpg, or it go down to 6.95,. anyone knows, why it will be geting this bad of mpg now ??,. & it a 77 with a 360, with a full rebuild, done last year by me,.
77 dodge clipper, with 20,000 miles. & a 85 Vogue motor coach diesel 35 foot.

Clipper Joe

Hi Rvguy,

Its Hard To Belieave A Clipper From 1975-1980 Getting 20-21 MPG Were You Running A Water System Jet With That Reading, Even New From Factory They Got Between 7-10 MPG, These Are Very Heavy RVs Also Some Of Us Pack Rats Who Carrier A Lot Of Extra Stuff Or Tow Large Trailers.
Get The 7-8 MPG, Thats The Nature Of The Beast.. :'(

You May Want To Check Again, I Like To Travel At Dusk, With Less Heat, & I Travel At Lower Speeds Like 50-55 Miles An Hour. Sometimes 60 MPH. I Have A Few Thousand Miles On My 440 Dodge & Like You I Have Done Most Of The Upgrades, I Find The OEM Is The Way To Restore These Great Built Clippers.

I Know Mine & A Lot Of Other Clippers That Are Being Cared For Now Will Be Around For Another 40 + Years.

Air & Fuel Mixture Is Very Important On These Rigs, You May Want To Check This On Your Drop In MPG.
I Added An Air Scoop On Hood That Brings In Fresh Air, But Due To California Smog These 440. Are Dogged Down Alittle. Headers Help The Engines Breath, With Larger  Mufflers & Pipes 2 1/2-3"

Send Some Photos, Of Your Rigs?

Note: If You Join The Club You Can View My Clipper & Others Who Have Posted To Tech Threads.

Form For ACOC On Main Page Send To Kathy. ACOC Membership Officer.

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

rvguy101

i get 10 mpg now,. i ues my truck to tow my car Trailer,. or Boat,. & i drive, 50, to 60,. no more then that,. & now i might join the club,. & yea i get some pic up, of it,. i do some more fuel stuff, to do on her,.
77 dodge clipper, with 20,000 miles. & a 85 Vogue motor coach diesel 35 foot.