News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Current supplier 16.5" rims need 2

Started by pdxpfeifer, September 27, 2015, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxpfeifer

Hi guys-stupid repair shop who did new shocks, put wheels on wrong, so now rear left have dished. I can't drive the clipper till I get two new 16.5" rims. Unfourtently same shop happily sold us $1000 of new tires two years ago and didn't tell us that we could update rims. Les Schawb in Oregon has the Clipper, but I thought I'd check for ordering sources through the club.

Camping overnight in my minivan sucked! Because of course this had to happen on the way out of town!

Robyn
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799

Toedtoes

I just PM'd you the supply officer's contact information.  Give him a try first.

I did a quick look and it appears that www.summitracing.com sells 16.5 wheels.  If Mel can't help, you might try them.  I have bought from them before with no issues.

You also might try an independent tire shop in your area.  They may be more willing to help you find wheels than a chain.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

pdxpfeifer

Ok thanks I called Mel. He's gonna look.

If I have 16.5 rims and tires those tires can't go on a 16"? If I move to 16" I would have to buy 4 new rear tires and rims? The local sop that has my RV is supposed to call me on Monday. I'm just looking for options. The new tires 2 years ago for the 16.5 were $200 each. I really don't want to have to replace them. Sigh-
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799

Toedtoes

No, you cannot put 16.5" tires on 16" rims/wheels.

Many folks have changed over to 16" because they are easier to find locally. 

www.tirerack.com has the Firestone Transforce 8.75R16.5LT 115/111R E tires for $146.48 each.  They will ship directly to the shop for install.  With that price in hand, call your local shop first and ask if they will match that price - many will do so in order to make any profit on the tires and to keep you coming back to them.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754